Kongde base camp is a short and easy trekking in Everest area. You will reach the Base Camp of the Kongde (KwangdeRi) which lies to the north west of the Namche Bazzer. Kongdi trekking is design for those trekkers who are unable to reach the Mt. Everest Base camp but want to experience the Himalayan views and short trekking to the Everest.
Kongdi base camp trekking begins with the first Himalayan flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. It take the 45 minute. Afer two days walking through the bank of the Dudh Koshi river with green forest you will reach the Namche Bazzer. Namche Bazzer is the main trading center for the Khumbu region with many Nepalese officials, a police check pose, bank etc. We will make a acclimatization day in Namche. The next day we trek to the Thame of the beautiful Sherpa village then next day we trek to the Kongdi Base Camp.
Kongdi located at the altitude of 5050m. offers the incredible views of the magnificent mountain of the khumbu valley, namely Mt. Everest (8848m), Cho Oyu(8189m), Lhotse (8393m), Ama Dablam (6812m), Pumori (7145m), Makalu (8463 m), Kalapattar (5555 m, Island peak (6185m), Thamserku (6808m), Mera Peak(6461m), Kongde (6011m). Although the place reflects the wonderful view of Sunrise and the sunset to the grand mountains. This is the destination where you can experience the heart touching mountain views.
At the Kongdi base camp, we make our accommodation in Yeti mountain Home (mountain five star), The lodge is situated at the high elevation of the world. Most of the day visitor tourist from Kathmandu they come to Kongdi by Helicopter and make a breakfast with the Himalayan views and backed.
Accommodation and Meals
Accommodation in Kathmandu: You will stay in high stander or equivalent hotel, including breakfast, on the sharing basis. For the Lunch and dinner you can go to the best Restaurant of the city with the different authentic cuisine.
Accommodation in Trekking : You will stay in the stander mountain lodges as per the itinerary. Please note that single rooms are not available. You will provided 3 meals (Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner) at the lodge. You recommended bring your own sleeping bag. Most of the lodges you can enjoy with the continental, Italian, Tibetan and local cuisine expect while crossing the passes. Our day will start with warm wake up tea or coffee and followed by breakfast, lunch and dinner. Upon arrival in the lodges at the end of the day, some tea/coffee with cookies are served.
A Typical Trekking Day
While you are in trekking your day starts with wake up tea/coffee. After then your loggage will be packed and you will have breakfast as day sets off, considering the altitude and acclimatization, we walk slowly towards our next destination. All the group will be guided by our professional trained government licensed holder trekking guide. Throughout the day you will have break to take the photographs, treasure the landscape, confront the culture and admire the fascinating mountains and sceneries. A 1 to 2 hour relaxing lunch break is usually taken except when crossing the passes. After the lunch break, we will at least spend 2 to 3 hours more on the trail before reaching the next destination. While reach at the local lodge for accommodation they will welcome us by tea or cold drinks. Before the dinner at lodge you will visit local villages, photographs with culture and local People. After the dinner, you will be briefed fro the next day program and sleep.
Health and Experience Requirements
Everest Everest Trekking is a moderate trekking suited for all those passionate walkers who have ability to walk at least 5 to 6 hours in a day. Some days even we need to walk 7 to 8 hours. Walking in high altitude is really difficult so it is more physically demanding then walking in the lower altitude. However if you have excellent health condition and fatnesses, self confidence and strong determination, we can accomplish the trip successfully. We recommended that regularly exercising and jogging for some we is better for trekking. No experience and any technical skill is required for this trip.
While travelling in the Himalaya you may suffer for the various health problems, injuries and even the altitude sickness. Hence, you must have to prepared before upcoming destination in the mountain land. Make sure that the policy of your insurance company should cover the possess of giving you service of helicopter rescue from the mountain if needed incase of altitude sickness or others accident during your trip.
DAY 01: Arrival at Tribhuwan International airport (Kathmandu). Our Global Holidays Adventure’s representative meets you and transfer you to hotel by the private Vehicle. Our trekking guide will explain about your program in evening time. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 02: Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley visit UNESCO world heritage sites. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast Included)
DAY 03: An early morning to Lukla from Kathmandu and trek to Phakding. (2652meters). Flight 30 minutes and walking 3 hours. Overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included).
DAY 04: Phakding – Namche Bazaar (3440 meters) – 5 / 6 hours walk. Overnight at Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Included).
DAY 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazaar. Overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Included).
DAY 06: Trek to Thame 4/5 hrs walking. Overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Included).
DAY 07: Trek fro Thame to Kongdi Base camp. Overnight at Mountain Five Star YETI MOUNTAIN HOME. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Included).
DAY 08: Trek TO Phakding 5 hrs walking. Overnight at Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Included).
Day 09: Trek back to Lukla 3 hrs walking. Overnight at Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Included).
Day 10: Fly to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu Hotel (Breakfast Included).
Day 11: Final Departure transfer to international airport.
- All Airport pick up and drop by private tourist vehicle.
- 4 Nights standard twin sharing accommodation in a three star hotel in Kathmandu (Breakfast included).
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- English speaking government license holder Tour guide.
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners).
- Available stander Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (Twin sharing).
- Local Global Holidays Adventure licensed holder English speaking trekking guide for the entire trek.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS (Trekking Information Management System)Card for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag, stick Duffel bag by Global Holidays Adventure (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
COST NOT INCLUDES
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu (On Day 2).
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- All alcoholic and cold drinks.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Price Includes’ section.